Stephanie Thomas, CPA
Stephanie Thomas, Vice President, is a certified public accountant whose career focus has been exclusively on state and local tax issues. Prior to joining the firm in 1998, she worked in the area of tax compliance in the state taxation departments of several Fortune 500 oil and gas exploration companies. Stephanie has extensive knowledge of issues concerning exemptions and compliance with state taxing authority rules and regulations. She works with state tax authorities on audit issues, prepares and presents tax credit documentation, and consults with clients on tax planning.
Stephanie graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a concentration in accounting from the University of HoustonUniversity Park. She became a licensed Certified Public Accountant in 2000.
- Teaches classes at the Associated General ContractorsHouston Chapter
- She is a member of the state and local chapters of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Teaches classes at the Minority Contractors Association
- Secured over $400,000 in state tax credits for a manufacturer
- Reduced an audit assessment by 47%, while securing a credit that was 41% of the remaining deficiency for a hospitality concern
- Minimized an audit assessment in its initial stages by challenging sampling procedures
- Teaches seminars to clients based on their specific tax issues and staff concerns
- Wrote an article on the taxability of silt fences called Silt FencingThe Sale of Tangible Personal Property© that was published in the newsletter of the Associated General ContractorsHouston Chapter
- Co-authored all books on state tax offered by the firm, including Texas Taxes for the Construction Industry© and Texas Taxes for the Hospitality Industry©